Skip to main content
- Develop surveillance systems and models to detect the presence of and to predict risk of selected animal diseases throughout the world.
- Model the global spread of selected animal diseases, including the risk of the disease entering the US.
- Model the spread and control of diseases that are currently endemic in the US.
- Predict the spread of and evaluate alternative strategies for disease mitigation for selected animal diseases if they were to enter the US.
- Train and educate graduate students in advanced statistical, epidemiologic, and modeling techniques.
- Provide information to federal and state agencies, commodity representatives and industry stakeholders on the potential spread of disease and participate in policy and strategy discussions on the prevention, control and eradication of disease.